In August 2015, I went to a cycling expedition organised by YHAI in one of the most beautiful and challenging places I have ever been to – Leh, Ladakh.
My experiences/learnings from the trip:
- It is funny that I was certain before start of the trip that I would never return (maybe the same me never returned – I got transformed)
- Cycling at 14000ft – Fotula Pass
- Riding Royal Enfield for the first time – on the way to Pangong Tso
- Making new friends – and I know for sure that they will be friends for life
- Seeing all weather conditions in one day – sunlight, rain and snow
- Got to know my physical and mental strength – how I tackled the stressful driving conditions en route Khardungla
- What I know for sure is that there is much more to me that I knew before the trip
- Travel makes you look inwards and also in the souls of others – it’s your survival task (at least some moments were)
I recorded numerous timelapse videos and photographs. Here are the best compilations.